Thursday, July 7, 2011

Books from a Series

Reading books from a series is an exciting part of 1st grade. One of the best things about teaching 1st grade is discovering the "favorite" series of a specific student.  I've found that reading books in a series can be factor that motivates students to move from "assigned" reading to pleasure reading.  For that reason, I use lots of books from series (that are appropriate for 1st graders) as read alouds in my room.

Here is a response form that I use with my students. You can click on the picture below if you'd like to download it.


Did you know that a TBA author (or 2) gives away a freebie each Friday?  It's called Freebie Fridays!  Tomorrow it's my turn.  Come back to visit!

3 comments:

  1. Kimberly,

    I am curious to know which series you use with first graders. I will be a new first grade teacher next year (coming from K) and would love to know what to look for to put in my classroom library. Maybe in an upcoming post?

    Thanks for blogging!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have so many freebies. Your ideas work really well with many of my own ideas!

    ReplyDelete