Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Favorite Books From Series

After my post last week about one of the response forms I use with my students when they are reading a book from a series, I received a few emails asking about my favorite series for 1st graders.

Here is my quick list. I only listed one title from each series (as I pulled them off my shelf). I also included the Fountas/Pinnell level, in case that is helpful for anyone. The levels for different titles within some series vary from book to book.

Biscuit by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (level F)
Puppy Mudge Takes a Bath by Cynthia Rylant (level F)
Follow Me, Mittens by Lola Schaefer (level F)
Carl and the Puppies by Alexandra Day (level F)
I Won't Share (Noodles) by Hans Wilhelm (level G)
I Spy a Butterfly by Jean Marzollo (level G)
Marley Farm Dog by Susan Hill (level I)
Back in the Saddle (Pony Scouts) by Catherine Hapka (level I)
Leo City All Aboard by Sonia Sander (level J)
The Bernestain Bears Family Reunion(I Can Read) by Stan and Jan Berenstain (level H)
Fancy Nancy Poison Ivy Expert by Jane O'Connor (level I)
Young Cam Jansen and the Zoo Note Mystery by David Adler (level J)
Mr. Putter and Tabby Write the Book by Cynthia Rylant (level J)
Henry and Mudge and the Tall Tree House by Cynthia Rylant (level J)
Poppleton and Friends by Cynthia Rylant (level J)
Get Ready for Second Grade, Amber Brown by Paula Danziger (level K)
Minnie and Moo Go to the Moon by Denys Cazet (level K)
Amelia Bedelia and the Baby by Peggy Parish (level L)
Cam Jansen and the Secret Service Mystery by David Adler (level L)
Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding by Suzy Kline (level L)
Pinky and Rex by James Howe (level L)
Ready, Freddy! Homework Hassles by Abby Klein (level L)
Arthur and the Cootie-Catcher by Marc Brown (level M)
Junie B. First Grader (at last!) by Barbara Park (level M)

Hope this is helpful for someone! Off to put my books back...

0 comments:

Post a Comment