Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Made It

Like so many of you, I've been busy making things for my classroom. Here are a few of the things I've accomplished so far. First, I made a box top collection container, which I posted about last week. You can read the post and grab the box top signs I made here


My students frequently use post it notes during our reader's and writer's workshop lessons.  I do a post it note mini lesson at the beginning of the year, so students know how to use them purposefully.  After that mini lesson, I have a basket of post it notes available for students to use.  This week, I made a matching sign for my post it note basket.



I made a whole set of these signs that match the box top signs that I shared last week.  There are different colors that may match some of your rooms better.  You can click on the image below if you'd like to download the set. 

I spent some time this summer working on a Classroom Birthday Pack for my Tpt store and Teachers Notebook shop.  I've also accomplished a few things to help my students celebrate their birthdays in the classroom. 

I made a new set of birthday balloons for my students.  This is obviously not my original idea.  There are multiple versions of these on Pinterest.  I took this picture with my phone...sorry.  My students loved the birthday balloons last year!


The other two other birthday related things I made are from my Classroom Birthday Pack.  I made a birthday book basket and birthday necklaces for each student.  The necklaces can also be used as desk signs for the birthday student.  I prefer necklaces.  I used Doodle Twine (which I am in love with) for the necklaces. The book bin sign and a variety of the birthday necklace/desk signs are part of my Classroom Birthday Pack.



Looking forward to visiting 4th Grade Frolics to see what everyone else is making for their classrooms!  Thank you, Tara, for hosting Monday Made It!    I'm inspired each week!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post-it notes sign. They red and white polka dots match my room perfectly!! I am your newest follower. Come by and follow me back at secondgradechatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your labelings AND your birthday balloons. I like that they don't match - that's a great idea! Thank you for sharing :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birthday signs are so cute! I've seen a lot of little pins with the fancy straws!

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your basket for post it notes! I love Monday Made It as well. I always keeps me striving for more and inspired to do many cute things for my room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Box Tops container. My kiddos always bring them in and ask me where to put them. (Our librarian collects them) This way I could have specific spot (that's not an eyesore) and then just bring them to the library in one big trip vs 20 little trips.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete