Sunday, November 18, 2012

Evidence In a Bag


I must admit that in my many years as a teacher, I have wondered (many times) if students are really listening to me. Last week was my birthday, and I was gifted "evidence" that they really do notice something other than my bad hair days or that I forgot to change the visual schedule on a particular morning. I cried happy tears when I opened the fancy pink gift bag one of my precious students handed me on my birthday. Here is the evidence!


Oh, happy day!  I cried.  I jumped up and down.  I hugged little J.  She beamed and said, "It was really hard to convince my mom that I should give you a jar, but I just know how much you love jars.  You have jars for everything around here and you smile when you say, "Go get one out of the jar"!  She's right.  I do LOVE jars and I love that she noticed something so simple.  She said her mom made her put the apple in it, because they didn't have any bananas (my favorite fruit).  I tell ya, I could still shed happy tears just thinkin' about that sweet little gal and her perfect gift.

This week I'm going to pack 25 parent/teacher conferences into 2 half days and one late evening and I'm going to spend some time being thankful for my students and the fact that they really do listen and pay attention.  I have evidence.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Isn't it funny how the little things can mean so much. It's sweet how she picked up on your love of jars and bananas.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and heart warming story... oh and Happy Birthday! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog- it allowed me to find yours. What a great blog. I'll be stopping by often.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best gifts are the ones that come from the heart. :-) What a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO SO SO sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete