Saturday, April 27, 2013

Camp Read a Lot (part 3) - S'more Vocabulary Please!

Three of my students told me that our classroom campout was the "best week of their life". I'm sure that might change the next time they go to Disney or when the local Dairy Queen opens, but for now I'm honored that they enjoyed it so much. 

 You can read my Camp Read a Lot part 1 post here

 You can read my Camp Read a Lot part 2 post here

 My campers made a few different camp souveniers to take home at the end of camp. One of their favorite souveneirs was the s'more vocabulary craftivity. At Camp Read a Lot, we had daily themes which you can read about in the part 1 post above. We did the s'more vocabulary craftivity on the day with theme S'more Reading Please. 

 Here is a picture of the s'more vocabulary craftivity. My campers were so excited to be able to make their very own little s'more. I let my campers use stamps to stamp camping themed pictures on the inside of the s'more (and they wrote the words). I just happened to have a set of old stamps that were camping themed. In my Camp Read a Lot (Classroom Campout Fun!) pack, I included a set of pictures (with lines for campers to write the words). The instructions and the cover are also included.


This is what the inside of one looked like.


Stop by my Tpt store if you'd like to check out the Camp Read a Lot (Classroom Campout Fun!)!


I will be contacting a winner (or maybe 2) for the giveaway soon.  It will probably be tomorrow, because today's schedule includes soccer pictures, a soccer game, baseball pictures, a baseball game, 2 dance recital performances and two very tired parents.  


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet compliment and. Fun idea! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great S'More idea! We did a Camp Read-a-Lot Literacy Night and invited parents and kids to come do reading activities. It was a lot of work, but so much fun and the kids really seemed to enjoy it.

    I case you're looking for some other stuff, here's my pack on TPT.
    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Camp-Read-a-Lot-Literacy-Night-Materials

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete