Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back to School Books Linky Party

We just finished school on June 7...but the summer is best time to shop for books from my classroom.  Or maybe it's just about having time?  Whatever the case, I love books and I love shopping.

I'm linking up with First Grade and Fabulous to share some of my favorite books for the first week of school...


My favorite back to school book is called Hands as Warm as Toast.  The author, Lisa Himle, is a colleague and a friend of mine.  It is really a perfect story to read during the first few weeks of school or any time that a child may be feeling nervous or unsure about trying something new.  


Listen Buddy by Helen Lester is a hilarious story about the importance of listening. My students always  love this book!



I use We Share Everything by Robert Munsch to remind my first graders about my expectations for sharing in our classroom.



During the first few days, while I'm introducing rules, I read Following Rules and Respecting Others by Robin Nelson.  Both are nonfiction books with real photographs.




Excuse the blurry pictures...I guess that is what happens when I snag images.

Don't forget to head over to First Grade and Fabulous to check out the other books teachers are using for the first week of school!

3 comments:

  1. Great choices for the beginning of the year, thanks for sharing!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these book titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands as Warm as Toast---I think I've read that, or at least wanted to read that. Looks like a great story!!

    Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete